Home Security Alarm Quick Buyers GuideOctober 17, 2016
Auto-diallers and Hybrid AlarmsOctober 17, 2016
Basic Audible Alarms & Systems
This type of product is usually simple to use. It gets “armed” by using a key pad (or an electronic fob) to set a code and is disarmed the same way.
If the alarm is set off at any point it will trigger audible bells or sirens inside & outside the property. There is usually a bright strobe light (that will flash) mounted on the outside walls
The outside alarm bells will only ring for 20 minutes in the UK, but the flashing strobe & internal audible alarm will keep going until the system is disarmed by someone with the code.
- The alarm boxes are a visual deterrent
- The noise can interrupt a burglar
- If you are sleeping the noise will wake you
- Alerts the neighbors to the break-in
- Battery backup in case of power cut
- No ongoing service or maintenance charges
- “low-cost” option to purchase
- If you are not at the property, or in earshot, you don’t know about the alert
- Experienced burglars can silence the external alarms
- Neighbors sometimes ignore the alarm bells
- Most basic level of home security.
Go to Auto-diallers or Go to Monitored Alarms
What items can be included
- External Alarm box with strobe light
- Internal audible alarm
- Passive infra-red sensors
- Movement detectors
- Window & door contacts
- Wall mounted key pad
- Wireless or hard wired
Get a free property risk assessment survey from professionals.